Wednesday, February 20, 2008

oh aces, i love/hate you

thought i'd log on for a quick sess tonight to try and recoup some of my losses from my spew fest the other night. i found myself a few decent tables and sat down ready for action.

i few hands in i'm dealt the loathsome pocket aces, i'm sitting one off the hijack so min raise to try and get a little action from a blind at least and draw 2 callers, one little scamp being a short stack. flop comes down dry and my pot bet is swiftly raised all in by shorty. no hesitation on my part, call and...


aarrrggghhh! ...or so i thought, but then i remembered the words of short-stacked shamus and ryverrat who commented on my last aces nightmare. with that in mind and a few woo saa's i was back to normal within seconds. just glad the scamp was a shorty so i had a shot at a speedy recovery.

a few hands later and i picked up the dreaded aces again. straight away i feel petrified i'm going to experience more of the same, or converesly no action at all. either way i was ready to laugh it off. much to my surprise i got the action i wanted on almost exactly the flop i dreamed of. all the money went in and the only thing i'm scared of is some poc 8's.


no poc 8's (i don't think i would have been able to hold it together if he did have 8's though) and my aces are good and i felt my poor little opponent, woo hoo! some semi faith in aces has been restored, there is still a long way to go but job done for now!

1 comments:

Amatay 21 February, 2008 04:11  

lol, nh fish. Shame he didnt have the pock snowmen though it would have made for a much better post

  © ourblogtemplates | all rights reserved 2007-2009 by seymour:cards | friends

Back to TOP